When water damage cannot be prevented it must then be dealt with but the question remains, what you do now? Were wanted done with the source of the water and you’ve called in a water damage restoration company to do the work it’s up to you to start the insurance claims process. Here are some helpful hints on how to deal with the water damage and to go about starting your claim.
- As soon as you discovered standing will identify the source and deal with it as soon as possible. You will want shot of water to the affected area and move anything you do not want to damage.
- If there are any items in a pathway that are likely not been damaged yet you want to move those as fast as possible.
- Any items that have been sucked by the water you will want to remove this possible if not leave them in place.
- After calling in a water damage restoration company you may want to try and remove the warm yourself using a vacuum cleaner that is designed to suck up water.
- Once you’ve called the water damage restoration company you want to take pictures of everything! The more documentation you have asked what has been damaged the more likely you’ll be able to claim for that damage and your claim will not be contested.
- Keep receipts for any work performed and any costs that have been incurred by the water damage these will come into play later.
- At this point will want to begin the claims process. Many people think start dealing with the claim when you found that there is water damage but it is much better to have a water damage dealt with first and then start the claims process. If you wait too long the damage will get worse and it will end up costing more.
Everything breaks down over time. Whether it is our bodies or the very house that we live in time is the great killer of all things. When it comes to appliances, hoses, pipes, conduits, sinks and all other plumbing apparatus in your home entropy spares none of this. It is a fact of the universe that order will descend into disorder if given enough time. Then comes the plumbing of your home how can you prevent its eventual decline? Follow these steps.
Sometimes the best thing you can do is replace the damaged item. If a pipe for example is damaged beyond repair the only thing you can do is replace it. When it comes to planning and the practical place is a poorly patched repair will cost you more than a replacement in the long run.
Sometimes you are able to repair the damaged item. In this case a well thought out and enacted repair may be able to deal with the issue perfectly well. A damaged pipe may be repaired and may serve you well for years to come.
Sometimes an item was damaged before by water and is now able to be restored to its former glory. In cases like this be sure you aren’t taking on project that is doomed to failure. Sometimes you can restore wooden flooring that has been water damage and sometimes it is far too far-gone to be restored. Pick your battles well.
Water damage does not have to be the end. With careful planning and the relevant knowledge you can reverse or even eliminate the effects of water damage on your life.